Termite | Mosquito | Ant | Bed Bug | Spider | Mole | Commercial | Attic Reconditioning | Wildlife
After wildlife has made their way into a home’s attic, the space typically needs to be restored afterward. This is known as attic reconditioning. It’s necessary after pests have invaded your home because they cause so much damage. This damage is a danger to anyone in the home and can even make the home much less efficient. To prevent all of these things from happening, homeowners should look into attic reconditioning in O’Fallon. This service can restore the space to what it once was, and help keep pests out once and for all.
Signs You Need New Insulation
Even if you haven’t seen any damage to your insulation, there’s a chance that you still need it. To determine if you need to replace your insulation once the pets have moved out, there are a few signs you can look for. These include:
- Excess moisture: If you see areas of excess moisture, such as water stains on the walls, you likely need new insulation.
- Moldy areas: You may see mold, or you may smell it. In either case, mold is extremely dangerous to both your home and your health. If you see signs of mold, it can lead to health conditions that will seriously harm you in the future.
- Feces: Feces is often one of the first signs that animals have been in your attic. If you spot it, you should also check your insulation.
- Rips in insulation: Insulation must remain whole to ensure that it keeps warm air inside. If there are rips in it, it’s likely that an animal has tried to make their way through and the insulation does need replacing.
- Poor ventilation: When the air or temperature in your home changes for seemingly no reason, there’s a good chance that you have problems with your insulation. If you notice that your home suddenly feels stuffy, or the air isn’t as warm or cool as you’d like, it’s time to check the insulation in your attic.
- Water stains in the home: When animals eliminate their waste in the attic, it leaks down the other walls and onto lower ceilings. If you see these water stains in your home, there’s a good chance animals in the attic are to blame.
- Uneven snow coverage: Insulation keeps the heat inside the home. If there are spots where the insulation isn’t effective, those areas will be heated from inside and any snow or ice will melt from the heat. When there is uneven snow coverage on a roof, it’s a good indicator that there is insulation damage.
When any of these signs are spotted, it’s time to repair your insulation and restore your attic.
Do You Have Pests? Call Our O’Fallon Attic Reconditioning Experts
Pests do more than just invade your home. They also destroy it. Pests can ruin your insulation, which will affect everyone in the home, and their waste also poses a hazard to everyone inside the house. If you need attic reconditioning in O’Fallon, call Amco Ranger today at (636) 441-2847. We’ll inspect your home for free and then restore all the damage done to keep your home running efficiently once again.
*Listed pricing is for most homes, subject to change, and does not include program start-up fee. Final pricing determined during initial consultation.