Termite | Mosquito | Ant | Bed Bug | Spider | Mole | Commercial | Attic Reconditioning | Wildlife
If wildlife has been in your home, it’s likely you will need a St. Louis attic reconditioning service. Animals in the attic cause a number of problems. They make the home an unsafe place for the humans within it, and can even cause the home to become less efficient. It’s for these reasons that anyone that has had problems with animals in their attic must speak to an attic reconditioning company. Attic reconditioning can restore your space back to what it once was, and make the entire home more comfortable, and safer, for those that reside in it.
Wildlife animals chew through cables and wires. Some do this as they look for shelter and food, simply to get the cables out of their way. Others, such as rats, chew through these items because their incisors never stop growing. They chew to wear them down. This chewing or gnawing causes extensive damage. Those cables and cords become useless and worse, they could start a fire in the home. Of course, animals also chew into frames of the home or doorways, and anything else they come across.
Animals also bring disease and other pests with them. Wildlife animals are known to often be infested with fleas, ticks, and mites, compounding a problem if they make it into a home. They also carry diseases such as the bubonic plague and rabies. These pose great safety hazards to anyone in the home. Some diseases, such as leptospirosis, are very harmful to humans and can be transmitted if a person comes into contact with an animal’s urine or feces.
Once in an attic, wildlife animals can also completely destroy insulation. They will burrow through it while looking for shelter, and rip it apart once inside to make nests and dens. This causes substantial damage to the home. It can cause moisture to build up, which promotes the growth of mold, and decreases the R-value of the insulation, which makes the home much less efficient.
It’s for all of these reasons, and more, that homeowners often find they need St. Louis attic reconditioning services. Although some homeowners leave this work to a separate company, a pest control service can remove the animals from the attic, and repair it so those pesky creatures don’t come back.
Signs New Insulation Is Required
Many homeowners don’t often go up into their attic. If they’ve heard signs of wildlife up there, many are even less likely to go investigate on their own. Once the animals have been removed, homeowners may go investigate the extent of the damage done. However, insulation damage isn’t always obvious. Below are the signs that new insulation is required.
- Moisture: Attics, while known to be somewhat cold and damp, shouldn’t have obvious moisture in areas. If there is excessive moisture in areas that are normally dry, animals likely caused damage and new insulation is required.
- Mold: When there is moisture buildup in an attic, it very quickly leads to the growth of mold. Mold, if left untreated, can lead to respiratory problems for people in the home and is very unsafe.
- Feces: One of the first and most obvious signs of animals in a home is feces. If this is found in the attic, homeowners should carefully inspect their insulation. There’s a good chance there is damage done to it that isn’t immediately visible.
- Holes in insulation: Holes in insulation are a sure sign that animals have been inside. It’s important to repair holes in insulation as quickly as possible, as they make the home less efficient and can cause other animals to find their way in.
- Ventilation issues: Maybe the air in the home feels stuffy, or the temperature isn’t getting as warm or cool as a homeowner wants. These are all indicators of insulation problems and likely mean the attic needs reconditioning.
- Stains on the ceiling: Stains are from an animal’s urine. As they go to the bathroom in the attic, it leaks down and can affect other areas of the home.
- Patches of roof with no snow in the winter: If a roof is covered in snow, except in one area, there is an insulation problem. Patches of roofs without insulation below them get heated from the home and therefore, ice and snow don’t accumulate in those areas.
When animals have caused extensive damage to a home’s insulation, it’s more than an annoyance and inconvenience. It can cause structural damage to the home and even become hazardous for those living inside.
Call Our Missouri Attic Reconditioning Professionals Today!
If you have had animals in your attic, or suspect there are currently some inside, don’t try to handle the situation on your own. At Amco Ranger, our St. Louis attic reconditioning professionals can remove the critters from your space, and get it back to looking good as new. Call us today at (636) 441-2847 for your free inspection to learn more about how we can help.
*Listed pricing is for most homes, subject to change, and does not include program start-up fee. Final pricing determined during initial consultation.