Termite | Mosquito | Ant | Bed Bug | Spider | Mole | Commercial | Attic Reconditioning | Wildlife
Ants are one of the most common pests in commercial and private properties. They are not only an extremely common type of pest, but are also extremely difficult to get rid of. When ants walk, they leave behind a trail that tells other ants where to go for the food source. As such, ants keep coming back, even when you think you’ve eliminated them.
There are many different ant control measures property owners buy to control the problem on their own. This is very difficult, as these measures are often ineffective. They can also become quite costly. If you’re dealing with problematic ants, you need ant control in O’Fallon.
Identifying the Problem
The University of Missouri states that there are over 450 different types of ants throughout the country. You must identify which species of ant you’re dealing with before you can hope to eradicate the problem. Fortunately, only approximately ten of these species are known to invade homes and businesses in Missouri. If you’re experiencing an ant problem, you’ll likely be dealing with:
- Odorous house ants: This species of ant has earned its name because when killed, it emits a fruity aroma. These ants are extremely common and are likely to invade in large numbers.
- Pharaoh ants: If you’ve found ants in your food supply, it’s likely that you have pharaoh ants, as these areas are most attractive to this species of ant.
- Pavement ants: These ants are easily identifiable because they have wings. Although all ants come from outside, pavement ants nest near your home and then make their way inside.
- Larger yellow ants: Due to their lighter color, these ants are often mistaken for termites. They also like to congregate near the foundations of buildings, which also causes many people to mistake them for termites.
- Field ants: These ants dig trenches underground, which often gets them mistaken for red fire ants. They can also bite, which also causes many people to think they are red fire ants. Field ants are significantly more docile than the species they are often confused for.
- Red fire ants: The sting of a red fire ant is so severe, it can kill small animals. However, it’s likely to only be painful for humans. Red fire ants do bite, but only to get a grip so that they can sting using their abdomen.
- Carpenter ants: These ants are far more than just a nuisance. They can eat massive amounts of wood, which can cause excessive damage to homes and other structures. It’s especially imperative that homeowners and business owners don’t even attempt do-it-yourself measures, as carpenter ants work quickly and can take a structure down quite fast.
Although some of these ants may be found in certain areas, there are some, such as field ants, that can also be found in some common places. These include in cracks in sidewalks, under paving stones, and in the ground. The soil in potted plants and gardens is also a common place for ants because of the moisture found in these areas.
Have an Ant Problem? Our O’Fallon Ant Control Experts can Help
Ants are notoriously difficult to get rid of when you have an infestation. These pests are not only annoying, but they can also cause a great amount of damage to your home or business. If you’re dealing with an ant problem, don’t do it on your own any longer. At Amco Ranger, we are the specialists in ant control in O’Fallon and we want to help. Call us today at (636) 441-2847 to schedule your free inspection and take the first step to eliminating your ant problem for good.
*Listed pricing is for most homes, subject to change, and does not include program start-up fee. Final pricing determined during initial consultation.