Termite | Mosquito | Ant | Bed Bug | Spider | Mole | Commercial | Attic Reconditioning | Wildlife
Of all the pests people deal with in their homes, ants are by far the most common. Many ants are also native to Missouri and these are especially prevalent. It is important to eliminate ant colonies as soon as possible, as they are not only annoying, but can also spread diseases. An ant control service in Wentzville will be able to identify the type of ant that you are dealing with and eliminate the problem once and for all so you can fully enjoy your home once again.
Types of Ants in Missouri
Many different types of ants are native to Missouri, and it is these people are most likely to find in their homes. These native ants include:
- Carpenter ants: These large, dark-colored ants are attracted to wood. Even though carpenter ants do not eat the wood, they do make their nests inside of it.
- Yellow ants: Also called citronella ants due to the lemony odor they emit when they are crushed, these ants get their name from the yellow coloring on their body.
- Field ants: Lawns, gardens, fields, and parks are ideal places for field ants to make their nests. When not in their nest, these ants are found along sidewalks, fences, and foundations of buildings, such as homes, where they can find a crack or crevice to make their way inside. Field ants dig underground, creating mounds of soil that people often mistake for fire ant activity.
- Argentine ants: These ants are all the same size and they nest in cavities they find at the bottom of shrubs and trees. These nests are always close to a food source and the ants create well-defined trails to and from that source.
- Pavement ants: These ants get their name because they like to nest in cracks of pavement. Often seen in summer, they are a very common nuisance in the home because they also make nests in walls and under floorboards.
- Odorous house ant: A very common type of ant, this species will feed on just about anything from dead insects to sweet, sugary substances. They also nest in walls and floors, particularly in damp or warm environments.
- Crazy ants: Although these ants can adapt extremely easily, they cannot survive cold climates and so, often make their way inside during the fall months. They can, however, live in both damp and dry habitats.
- Pharaoh ants: A particularly annoying type of ant, pharaoh ants will also eat just about anything they come across. They also chew holes through rayon, silk, and rubber. The nests these ants make are quite small, which can make them difficult to detect.
Any time any of these ants are seen throughout the home, or in great numbers outside, it is important to speak to an ant control service.
Eliminating ant problems is often very tricky. These animals have a complex social structure and their colonies can number in the hundreds of thousands. To eliminate the problem, the entire colony must be destroyed, and this includes many ants that are never seen. Repellant sprays may offer a temporary solution, but one that is more permanent must be found to keep the ants from returning. Unfortunately, the permanent method used will largely depend on the type of ant that is invading, which is why it is crucial to work with a professional ant control service.
Call Our Ant Control Technicians in Wentzville for Help
Ants are not only a nuisance, they can also spread diseases and ruin the food within a home. If you have an ant problem, our Wentzville ant control technicians at Amco Ranger can help. We will conduct a full inspection of your property free of charges and advise on the best way to get rid of your ant problem. Call us today at (636) 224-6099 or contact us online to get the help you need.
*Listed pricing is for most homes, subject to change, and does not include program start-up fee. Final pricing determined during initial consultation.