Termite | Mosquito | Ant | Bed Bug | Spider | Mole | Commercial | Attic Reconditioning | Wildlife
Termites are approximately the same size as an ant but, due to the fact that there can be millions of them in a colony, they can cause extensive damage. According to the National Pest Management Association, every year termites cost homeowners over $5 billion a year. In the best of cases, termites only cause superficial damage to a home but left unchecked, their damage can sometimes force homeowners out of their house until it can be repaired. Contrary to what many people believe, termites do not only eat wood. They will also eat metal siding, plaster, and insulation.
Termites have to be stopped immediately before they can do any more damage to your home. If you have discovered termites in your home, it is important you call a professional termite control service in Wentzville.
Termite Prevention Tips
Homeowners never want to have a termite problem on their hands and so, there are some simple prevention tips to follow. These include:
- Remove access: Identify gaps where water and gas lines enter your home and seal them to eliminate access to the home. Gaps and cracks in exterior wood should also be sealed.
- Treat wood: It is best to reduce contact between the ground and the wood in your home. If there are areas of wood that must touch the ground, treat them with a repellent spray to deter them from entering the home. Also remember that deed wood, such as firewood and dead trees, can house drywood termites, so remove these from your yard or inspect them regularly.
- Remove food: You may not be able to do anything about the wood on the exterior of your home, but you can remove the food termites will eat outside. Always make sure wooden siding sits at least six inches above the ground, and use mulch alternatives, such as cellulose-free mulch. These substances should also be used in crawl spaces and in other landscaping.
- Remove moisture: Termites require moisture, so it is important to fix leaky plumbing, remove water from around the foundation, and address moisture problems in crawl spaces and basements as soon as possible.
- Inspect: To identify termite problems as soon as possible, it is important to regularly inspect any lumber you have around the home. This is particularly true when you work with used lumber and in your home or garden.
- Screens: Bug screens over your foundation vents and attic can prevent many small critters from entering your home, including termites.
Finding a termite problem early can help reduce the amount of damage they do, as well as the length of necessary treatment to repair it. All homeowners should know the signs of termites, and who to call when they are discovered.
Call Our Termite Control Technicians in Wentzville
Termites can move so quickly through a home, and cause damage with every step, that once you notice you have a problem, you need help right away. At Amco Ranger, our Wentzville termite control service is here to help. We will conduct a full inspection free of charge and advise you of the best options available. If you have discovered termites in or around your home, call us at (636) 224-6099 or contact us online.
*Listed pricing is for most homes, subject to change, and does not include program start-up fee. Final pricing determined during initial consultation.