Termite | Mosquito | Ant | Bed Bug | Spider | Mole | Commercial | Attic Reconditioning | Wildlifea
Pests are an unfortunately common problem for both homeowners and businesses in Lake St. Louis. Among the most persistent and peskiest of these are ants. For more than 50 years, Amco Ranger Termite and Pest Solutions have been helping people throughout our community safely and effectively deal with minor ant problems and major infestations. Our Lake St. Louis ant control experts act quickly, identifying the types of ants involved and uncovering their colonies at the source so they can be permanently eliminated.
At Amco Ranger Termite and Pest Solutions, our Lake St. Louis ant control experts can quickly identify and eliminate the various types of ants common in our area. These include:
- Acrobat ant: Named due to their ability to contort their bodies in various ways, these are often found crawling on pipes or utility lines into your home and may bite if provoked;
- Carpenter ants: Consuming a steady diet of wood, can cause extensive damage to your home and porches, sheds, fences, or other structures on your property.
- Field ants: Similar to red ants, which bite and sting, these dig trenches underground, ruining your yard and landscaping;
- Larger yellow ants: Often mistaken for termites, these are generally found near building foundations and can easily make their way into your home;
- Odorous house ants: These invade in large numbers and as their name implies, give off an odor when crushed or stepped on;
- Pavement ants: These pesky winged creatures infest outdoor areas and eventually find ways to get into your home;
- Pharaoh ants: One of the most common and persistent types of household ants, these can easily make their way into pantry areas, infesting food supplies.
What Attracts Ants In Your House?
According to the Missouri Department of Conservation, ants do serve some practical purposes. They are great recyclers and can help decompose old leaves and food waste while fertilizing your soil. However, when they begin doing damage to healthy plants, ruining outdoor events, and invading your home, they are a problem that needs to be addressed.
At Amco Ranger Termite and Pest Solutions, our Lake St. Louis ant control experts can help identify conditions in and around your home that may be attracting these pests. Common lures for ants typically include:
- Piles of yard debris;
- Dead plants and rotting wood or trees;
- Areas that accumulate standing water, such as old potted plants or birdbaths;
- Cracks in your sidewalk and loose paving stones;
- Gaps in siding and around your home’s foundation.
Once inside, dripping faucets and spilled liquids or food crumbs on floors, pantries, and in cabinets provide a steady diet for ants. As long as there are food and water sources available, they will continue invading your home.
How Do I Get Rid Of Ants Permanently?
While you may be tempted to try do-it-yourself methods for eliminating ants, these are largely ineffective. Over-the-counter baits, traps, and sprays are not strong enough, fail to target specific types of ants and do nothing in eliminating the actual colony. They are also generally unsafe and could prove harmful both to humans and pets.
As Lake St. Louis ant control experts, our team can help you address your problem both quickly and effectively. Efforts we take include:
- Conducting an inspection in and around your property, uncovering ant colonies;
- Identifying the type of ant involved and how they are getting into your home;
- Using proven pest elimination products that are also safe and environmentally friendly;
- Providing the support and service you need to permanently eliminate ants and to keep them from returning in the future.
Reach Out To Us Today For Help
When you need help with pest problems in and around your home, you can count on Amco Ranger Termite and Pest Solutions. We pride ourselves in providing the highest quality of customer care in the industry and backing the work we do with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. To request a free, no-obligation inspection, contact our Lake St. Louis ant control experts today.
*Listed pricing is for most homes, subject to change, and does not include program start-up fee. Final pricing determined during initial consultation.